Skiing less than 2 hours from NYC!? YEP!
It is President’s Day Weekend Hudson Valley! Have you made any plans yet? Do you feel like you missed your chance to book that nice long weekend vacation to somewhere warm? Well, if you are going to be here, why not pull on the long johns and go out and enjoy a little winter fun? Did you know that you could actually enjoy some local ski resort action in under 2 hours from NYC? There are even more if you are willing to drive just a little further, but here are the closet ones for you to consider. There is no need to drive to Vermont for skiing, the Hudson Valley has got you covered!
1. Mount Peter – Warwick, NY – 56 miles from NYC
Family-operated for over 80 years, Mount Peter is the oldest operating ski area in New York State. Boasting Free Beginner Ski & Snowboard lessons, it is a great destination for everyone from beginners to competitors; local friends, tourists from around the world and countless families.
• Total Trails: 14 • Terrain Park: 1 • Tubing Area: 600-foot Run / 500-Foot Carpet Lift • Chair Lifts: 3 • Carpet Lift: 2 • 2 Lodges • Rental Center • Pub w/ Slope-Side Seating • Tubing Birthday Party Room • Retail Shop • Tuning Shop • Weekend Crepe Stand
Full-Day-(8:30 am – 5 pm): $54
Half-Day-(12:30 pm – 5 pm) $50
Twilight-(3:00 pm – Close) $35
Night-(5:00 pm – Close) $30
2. Victor Constant Ski Area – West Point, NY – 58 miles from NYC
Named Victor Constant Ski Slope after Army Captain Victor Constant, who was instrumental in developing skiing at West Point, this treasure has been a cherished traditional source of recreation for military families and the surrounding community for over 75 years. The area operates annually from December to March.
• 100% Snowmaking • Excellent Grooming • Triple Chair Lift • Night Skiing • Cable Tow Lift • Cafeteria • Terrain Park • Lodge/Resort Rental • Wi-Fi Services • Ski School
Weekend/Holiday Schedule: (check the website as times may change)
Saturday 9am – 7pm
Sunday 9am – 5pm
Holiday 9am – 5pm
Weekend Snow Pass for the General Public: $25 for the day or $16 for Twilight
Weekend walk on lesson for 1 hour: $25
3. Thunder Ridge Ski Area – Patterson, NY – 68 miles from NYC
Thunder Ridge is a great local spot that can cater to both beginners and advanced skiers with their slow and gentle slopes or their advanced trails for the daring and adventurous!
• 22 Trails • 3 Chairlifts • 4 Magic Carpets • Slope-Side Lodge with a Cafeteria, Pub and Panoramic views • Day and Night Skiing and Riding • Thunder Ski Package from Grand Central Station – train ride to Patterson, with or without the combo discounted round trip train and lift tickets, where there is a free shuttle to the ski area.
Open President’s Day Weekend from 9am-9pm
Adult tickets for a full day and half day are: $57/$50
Adult Twilight: $40/$30 for Sat/Sun respectively
Adult Night Fri-Sat: $35
75-minute Group Lesson: $45
1 Hour Private Lesson: $120
4. Holiday Mountain Ski and Fun Park – Monticello, NY – 91 miles from NYC
Holiday Mountain has seven slopes and trails of varying skill levels, from beginner to expert. All slopes and trails are lit up for night skiing and riding.
• High-Capacity Triple Chairlift • Double Chairlift • Brand-New Magic Carpet Lift • Dedicated Tubing Facility • Ski Chalet and Café on Site • Terrain Park for Snowboarders
9-5pm; 2– 9pm Saturday: $42, 5-9pm : $27
9-5pm Sunday: $42, 12-5pm: $37
February 16-17,2019 9am-9pm
February 18, 2019, 10am-9pm